3 Line Summary: Spend 20-25 rupees to have naturally fragrant rest rooms. Say no to expensive diffusers or Odonils!
Have always been put off by the unnatural smell of Odonils etc and I am always paranoid about the chemicals used. The other alternative is to buy "Natural Diffusers" sold by Iris and others, which is expensive at around 300 - 400 rs per month. I am a sucker when it comes to cleanliness and an important aspect of that is the Smell or Aroma in it!
So I decided to experiment with ingredient we have at home to make a Cheap, Clean, Pollution and Chemical Free diffusers for the bathrooms.
What you need:
1. A narrow mouth container ( I used the old diffuser bottle). You can even use small vases, terracotta pots etc
2. Reed Sticks (available at Iris stores or other nature stores)
3. Eucalyptus oil (bought from Vandaloor Zoo Nature shop :) ). You can also buy from Eucalyptus Essential Oil from Amazon
4. Isopropyl alcohol a.k.a surgical alcohol - optional (you can get them from your pharmacy)
How to make:
1. Fill 70% or around 3/4 th of the bottle with regular tap water.
2. Add 2 small bottle caps of Alcohol (optional). This helps is dispensing the fragrance faster.
3. Add around 15-20 drops of Eucalyptus oil. I prefer Eucalyptus or Lemon Grass oil for restrooms. Gives a fresh and nice fragrance. You can experiment with others oils and combinations. Number of drops is a personal preference, so do it based on your needs.
4. Place around 8-10 reeds. More the reeds, faster the dispersion, stronger the fragrance, faster the refills :)
That's it! You are done. Place it in your restrooms.
My personal preference is to keep on the flush tank as they give an immediate effect when you need it the most!
Cost:
1. Re-used bottle - 0 rs
2. 8-10 reeds = 1.25 x 10 = 12.5 rs
3. Essential oil = 12 to 15 rs (100rs for 50 ml, usually comes for 4-5 months)
Total = 22.5 rs
Tips:
1. First time, turn the reed every 2 hours. Helps with circulation.
2. Always discard the reeds after a month. They become ineffective as the pores are locked and they dont transfer the oil
3. Once in a week, shake the bottle and top-up oil if required
Enjoy a natural fresh fragrant and odour free restrooms and satisfaction of doing it yourself and saving money!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking time and posting a comment. I will review it as soon possible and get it online. I started this practice of moderating comments as there are too many bots who post SPAM messages. Don't worry even if you don't agree with my ideas or averse to the post, I will let your comment published :)